Over the last several years, there has been a lot of debate over the benefits and drawbacks of utilizing air conditioning. Suppose we just surveyed the opponents of these refrigeration systems.
In that case, we could come up with an infinite list of negative consequences, not just for health but also for the neighborhood and many other factors. The same thing would happen if we did. It is with those who support its usage.
However, like with many different situations, the benefits or harms will be determined by the perspective from which it is assessed and the application to which it is put. 7 Best 1.5 ton AC Under 30000 (Split & Window).
Before purchasing new air conditioners, you may research the best IFB AC in India, or some other alternatives. Before you do so, read the information below so you have all the facts about whether or not an air conditioner is the right pick for your home.
Air Conditioning Has Several Drawbacks
- We find it in offices, cinemas, and even homes with many members when they share one of the rooms. It is usually irrespective of the excellent or poor usage given to it. People’s tolerance to different temperatures varies, just as the attire of employees who come to work or spectators at a movie theatre varies.
- This frequently leads to two health issues. In the first place, it can produce chills, which can cause harm. Secondly, and more frequently, especially in work contexts, it can increase tension in individuals who are not content with the set temperature.
- Another significant hazard is determined by the type of device used. Most create dry air, which dries the body’s mucous membranes, removing one of the body’s primary defenses against pathogenic organisms.
- Poor equipment maintenance can spread everything from mites and suspended particles to germs as hazardous as legionella throughout the environment, endangering the health of those who are exposed.
Air conditioning’s Benefits
- When it comes to the health impacts of this type of technology, not all are negative. Currently, most homes and commercial buildings are not designed to endure excessive temperatures, which means that heat can be detected inside even more than outside.
- Dehydration from sweating, low blood pressure, and the body’s lack of adaption to these conditions can all contribute to a lack of energy and exhaustion in high temperatures.
- Furthermore, exceeding the so-called sleep threshold temperature, generally between 22 and 24 degrees Celsius, can cause insomnia, with well-known negative health consequences.
- Proper air conditioning use removes adverse effects by setting the room temperature at ideal levels to carry out the daily routine comfortably.
Given these remarks about the benefits and drawbacks, the ideal situation would be for homes and offices to be designed and insulated to remain calm in the summer and warm in the winter.
Thermal insulation can be significantly improved by using elements such as windows and doors. However, air conditioners can most definitely be installed for those who can afford the appliance, and it’s a further cost of function.
Learn more on Air conditions at Environmental-conscience.
Air Conditioner Buying Guide
Choose an air conditioner well suited to the area to be cooled while also being energy efficient.
How can you determine which air conditioning unit is suitable for you when you’re assured that it will chill you down regardless? Any room air conditioner, you’d assume, would suffice. However, you’ll need to do some study to find one that, in addition to keeping you cool, will also help you save money on electricity.
First and foremost, consider power.
The most powerful air conditioner for space isn’t always the best! In reality, an appliance that is too strong for the area to be cooled might be inefficient, reducing household comfort and wasting energy.
Begin by measuring the area to be cooled to estimate the needed power. You may calculate the cooling capacity required based on the number of square feet given in BTUs per hour (from the English “British Thermal Units per hour”). An average of 20 BTUs per square foot is a good rule of thumb.
After you’ve decided on the quantity of BTUs, you’ll need to think about things like windows and ceiling height.
- Subtract 10% from the BTU if the room gets very little sunlight.
- If it gets a lot of the sun, increase the BTU by 10%.
- More than two persons are in the room, add 600 BTUs per person.
- If the air conditioner is installed in a kitchen, increase the BTUs by 4,000.
Still in doubt, seek the advice of a licensed air conditioning contractor. He can assist you in selecting a device with the appropriate power for the area to be cooled.
More Detailed AC Buying Guide here : Best AC in India- Buying Guide
Types of ACs Available
On the market, there are many different types of room air conditioners. Learn about the various varieties and their features before making a purchase.
Also Read: Best Inverter Split AC Under 20000 India (Affordable)
A window air conditioner can cool a room between 100 and 650 square feet. By looking at the BTU rating, determine whether you need a low, medium, or high wattage unit to offer enough cooling. A small or medium-sized air conditioner is very simple to install. Still, a large-sized air conditioner may require the services of a contractor.
In theory, all devices can be put in a single or double sash window. Most come with an accordion panel to avoid air leaks around the air conditioner.
A portable air conditioner may be quickly transported from room to room to chill specific areas when needed. Most of these gadgets have a ventilation system that allows air to be extracted. When deciding where to put the air conditioner, keep this in mind. You will need to install the gadget near a window if it has an outside air intake pipe.
A ductless split air conditioner allows you to chill many rooms without installing multiple window units or the piping that a central air conditioner requires. The initial cost may be more than other options, and installation may need the hiring of a contractor. However, this type of gadget is more energy-efficient and has additional features like air filtration.