If you spend most of your time on gadgets like laptops, mobile phones and love to binge-watch new web series on OTT platforms, or your friend circle just suggested you a new song and you are listening to it on loop, you must be in a dire need of having wonderful headphones so that you keep on listening to your favourite songs or watch your favourite movies hassle-free.
While looking for a good pair of earphones, you must have come across an ocean of options and you may be confused about which one to buy. There are a lot of different types of earphones available in the market in the form of neckbands, earbuds, headphones as technology today is evolving every now and then and things are never the same as they used to be once. However, none of the options is inferior, as everything boils down to your choice of preference and budget.
Neckband VS True Wireless Earbuds
If you have stepped out to buy a pair of earphones, you must have come across the word neckband and true wireless earbuds. However, sound quality is often the same considering both lie in the same budget and belong to the same brand, but the major distinction that sets apart neckbands from truly wireless earbuds is that they come with a short band that lay around the neck comfortably when you wear them.
Neckbands are often considered semi wireless and provide a good sound experience. True wireless earphones are not convenient as they look. You have to carry the case all the time along with you.
Since all the earbuds have a separate battery in each earbud, so in most of the cases, they are heavier and bulkier and are uncomfortable to ears. Earbuds are stuck often without any external support so it often raises the fear of falling off from ears.
However, they look cool and are ‘in trend’. They are easy to operate and allow longer playtime. Most of them have Bluetooth 5.0 and above and provide low latency for gaming. They come with extended battery life.
Imagine, you are about to listen to your favourite song or watch your favourite YouTuber’s video, you take out your earphones and find that they are tangled beyond every recognition and solving them almost feels like solving a Rubik’s cube.
However, technology has come far and True wireless earbuds are free of cables and promote completely free movements and are worth the price.
Coming to neckbands, the first and foremost important criterion is that they are a lot cheaper as everything boils down to budget in most cases. They are easily controllable and are often convenient.
However, when it comes to durability, any vandalization of the wire may hamper the overall functionality of the earphone. Also, most of the neckband earphones tend to have microphones on their bands which are far away from the mouth, however you can always bring them closer but this is not always comfortable.
Some of the best Neckbands under affordable price range are:
1. JBL Endurance Run
- JBL Endurance Run is very lightweight therefore it reduces the chances of falling off from ears.
- It allows you to hear either in-ear
- These earphones are Sweat Proof for workouts
- Up to 6 hrs of wireless playback. Listen to music for 6 hours straight
- Hands-free calling and double press of the button enables you to activate your Google Assistant or Siri
2. Boat 100 wireless Bluetooth earphones
- Boat 100 wireless Bluetooth earphones Provide up to 30 hrs of playback
- it comes with a built-in mic
- HD Sound Quality and comes with a battery capacity of 320 mAh
- Have a charging time of around 2 hrs and comes with a Bluetooth of 5.0
Price – 1500-1600
3. Leaf Rush wireless Bluetooth earphones
- Leaf Rush Wireless Bluetooth Neckband headphones with mic, boasts of powerful 10mm drivers for hd sound and our deep bass technology lets you enjoy your favourite songs with better clarity. You can also take calls and talk with the help of an in-built microphone.
- Fast charging and long battery life: Charge your Leaf Rush Wireless Neckband Earphones for 10 minutes and enjoy music for 8 hours .It provides unstoppable performance with 12 hours battery backup on charging for 40 minutes only using it’s type c port.
- Siri/Google now with dual connectivity : supports your preferred assistant on android and ios devices and also pairs with your laptop and smartphone simultaneously and it will automatically switch between the bluetooth sources.
- Bluetooth v5.0: Leaf Rush comes with the latest Bluetooth version 5.0 which ensures perfect stereo sound quality and strong connectivity to your device, it provides stable connection within 10m range.
- Included components: Bluetooth Earphone 1N, USB Cable 1N, Warranty card 1N, User Manual 1N
- Warranty: 1 year warranty against manufacturing defects
Price – Around 1000
Coming to True wireless earbuds, here are my top 3 suggestions at an affordable price.
1. Leaf buds TWS Bluetooth headset
- One of the best deals under this price range
- It comes with a water resistance feature so that you don’t have to worry about using it while chilling near your poolside just in case if it falls off in the water.
- Come with a voice assistance
- 24 hrs battery backup
- Hands-free mic and call so that you won’t get disturbed while working out.
- Extremely lightweight
Price = 3000 INR
2. Noise Buds play
- True Bass technology
- In-ear detection
- Comes with google fast pair
- Reduces the noise cancellation up to -25 dB
- Quad mic
- 25-hr playtime
Price – 3500 INR
3. Boat airdopes 511 V2- wireless earbuds
- Provides 30 hrs of non-stop playback
- The in-ear fit is extremely comfortable and fits in the ear properly thereby reducing the chances of falling off from ears which is one of the main concerns while purchasing TWS earbuds.
- It has standby time up to 35 hrs
- Provides a Bluetooth range of up to 10 m which is more than sufficient
- Playback time is 6 hrs each bud
Price – 3000 INR
Now that you have been through the pros and cons of both options, we hope you have made your mind.